RESPECT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

Should We Make A Sister League?

Caesary Guide "Novice" I_vote_lcap91%Caesary Guide "Novice" I_vote_rcap 91% [ 29 ]
Caesary Guide "Novice" I_vote_lcap9%Caesary Guide "Novice" I_vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

Aeria Time

Caesary Guide "Novice"

3 posters

Go down

Caesary Guide "Novice" Empty Caesary Guide "Novice"

Post by pozessed Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:15 pm

After you have finished the the tutorial you should start by building the rest of your cottages.
Your cottages will give you population which in turn will give you your sesterces that will allow you to upgrade your skills, build your troops and so on so forth. I would build 6 cottages to start off with. But that is my personal preference, you can build as few or as many cottages as you'd like. Please do keep in mind however, that your cottages effect your population, and your population effects your taxes (sestereces income), and the ability to upgrade your rectorate. Also make sure to keep making jobs for your citizens. This will be very important later on when you fall short on resources.

Continue to laying out the foundation of your city. I would make one of everything just to finish quests and give myself an abundance of resources in doing so.
HINT: Level 1 cottages Plaza, stables and barracks will finish instantly for free if you click speed up.
QUEST:Now is a good time to mention that every time you finish a building for the first time you are completing a quest. So keep an eye on your quest log and complete the quests as they finish for free resources, sesterces, gold, and Item Mall items. I'm going to do my best to help you remember throughout my guide, but I don't remember them all so please don't hold it against me.

After laying out the foundation I suggest upgrading your cottages to level 2 in order to increase your population.

After you have built your cottages up to level 2 you should start upgrading your resource facilities so you can start putting your population to work more effectively. Not to mention that you need your quarry to be leveled up so you can start building your wall later on.
QUEST: Once a cottage reaches level 2, 3, and 4 a quest is completed.
HINT: Your cottages can always be 1 level higher than your rectorate (example: If your rectorate is level 4 your cottage can be level 5)
QUEST: Every time you uprgrade your resources you should check to see if you have completed a quest. Completing these quests should ensure that you have the resources to build more facilities without having to take a break.
Additionally, creating jobs for your resources will complete quests. Up until you reach 2000 jobs for each resource. After these quests are accepted, you will have a total of 3000 jobs for each resource production.

After the task of laying out your foundation is accomplished, you should start upgrading your warehouse to accommodate for all the resources your city will be pulling in. It's no fun losing out on resources because you didn't have enough space in your warehouse.
QUEST: Upgrading your warehouse to level 4 will complete a few quess.

After your warehouse is setup you should start upgrading your rectorate and your wall. You will have to switch back and forth between the 2 because you can't upgrade the wall past a certain point without upgrading your rectorate, and you cant upgrade the rectorate past a certain point without upgrading your wall (example: you need a level 2 wall to upgrade your rectorate to level 4). Also, once your rectorate reaches level 4 you can expand your city, giving you 4 more lots to build in. You need 1 hippodamian plan, 3,000 of each resource, and 3,000 sest in order to expand your city.
QUEST: Again, upgrading your wall and rectorate to level 4 will complete a few quests.

After your rectorate and wall are leveled to your likings, I think it is a good time to continue leveling your cottages to level 4 or 5. Cottages build the fastest and are very important for making sest, therefore I suggest building them up as high as you can as fast as you can. Even if you decide to take a break from leveling your wall and rectorate to level your cottages as you go, whatever it takes to get the job done.

Now that your cottages are level 4 or 5, I would level up my ampitheater to level 3 if I was you. An ampitheater is where you can buy heroes. The number of heroes an ampitheater will list is the same as the level of the ampitheater. Don't buy any heroes just yet, let your sests build up while you continue on with the guide. We will get to the heroes shortly.

Once you get your ampitheater up to level 3 its time to start upgrading your plaza. A plaza is an important building to upgrade, because it allows you to send heroes out to maraud wildernesses and enemy cities. The plaza will allow you to send out the same amount of heroes as the level of the plaza. (example: You can send 4 heros out an attack with a level 4 plaza)
QUEST: Upgrading your plaza to level 4 will complete a few quests.

Now that your plaza is level 4 we need to start building some troops to maraud. I suggest building hastatus and saggitarius, because they are the cheapest troops to build and consume the least amount of food. Personally I'd got with a 3/1 ratio of hast/sag seeing as were going to be marauding level 1s and it wont be a big deal.
HINT: Different troop types take different amounts of faculty (population) to build. (example: one Hast is equal to 1 faculty, and one equite is equal to 3 faculty)
When you build troops they will take away from your population (example: if you build 300 hast, they will take away 300 population, if you build 300 equites they will take away 900 from your population). Therefore you can only build an amount the size your population will allow according to the size of faculty your troops will consume. No worries though, your populous will build itself back up in time.
QUEST: Training 100 hastasus and saggitarius, and equites will complete a few quests.

While your waiting on your troops to build, save up 25,000 ses in order to buy 3 heros from your ampitheater. They can all be level one, but you don't want them to be any higher than 5 to 8 higher because then they will start eating to much of your taxes to be any good to you.
QUEST: Hiring a hero from the ampitheater will complete a quest.

After you have some troops built, preferably around 600 hast and 200 sags, lets start marauding.
Set your heros up to have 60/45/45 hast in the front line, 9/8/8 sags in the back row.
Commence attacks on level 1 wilds in order to get gray aglets. Once you have 5 and 20 gray aglets, you can trade them in for more troops (total of 25 gray aglets). Also, keep building troops because you will have slight losses during these marauds and will need to reinforce your heros at random times to ensure your wins.
Also at some point during your marauds, seize 2 lvl one forests, 1 lvl one stream, and 1 lvl one hill. These will help boost your resource production rate. The reason I asked you to seize these ones explicitly is because they will help in making your hast easier.
HINT: I'd also like to add that you can seize up to as many wildernesses (wilds) as your rectorates level will allow (example: a level 5 rectorate allows you to control 5 wilds)

Well now that you have some marauding techniques down lets get back to building.

Alrighty, now that we have a plaza up to level 4 and we have things ready for marauding again tomorrow, lets work on building some presteige.

Presteige is important. It is what will give you your ranks, and ranks are what allows you to build new cities. In order to build up your presteige we need to build things as fast as possible. I suggest getting everything to level 4. Pay close attention to the times it will take to build things, if your going to be at the computer build the things that take the least amount of time first, then while your AFK build the things that are going to take the longer amounts of time.
Also, if you have the sest, now is a good time to start upgrading your Technologies which can be located in the academy and in the university. The same strategy applies here as it does to the buildings. Whichever takes the least amount of time, you want to build while your at the computer, what takes the longest you want to build while your AFK.
However, I would start studying reconnaissance first so you can scout for the weakest wilds. This is especially good for when you start marauding level 3 wilds, because you will want to find level 3s that don't have any ballistaes.
HINT: If your planning on going to sleep build and upgrade your longest builds, it doesn't matter what level it is just start the build. even if it means upgrading your rec to lvl 7, build it.
QUEST: Keep in mind that almost every time you level a building for the first time you are completing a quest. You should always be keeping a look out for quests that are completed or need to be completed.

Once you have reached 2,000 prestiege, and you have 20,000 ses, 10 dye, and 5 spices you obtain the rank Aedille (You will get the dye and spices from a quest once you have leveled your rectorate to 4). You can click on any clear piece of land and build you new city for 10,000 ses, and 10,000 of each resource.
HINT: For level 2 wilds, I used a setup of 80/60/60 hast, 34/33/33 sags for minimal losses.
For level 3 wilds - i lost all my troops a min ago.. didnt mean to click submit... will edit shortly.

Once you have a new city built prestiege is easy to gain and keep building. You pretty much want to make your city in the same way as the above guided you to, but with a few accommodations that will suit your needs and game play as you see fit.
Always keep an eye on your "promotion" quest, and notice how much prestiege you will need and how many luxury items and ses you will need to level up in rank. Knowing before hand is always good so you know what to farm before its to late and you feel overwhelmed farming for items after you have the prestiege to rank up.

FREE GOLD AND WHAT TO DO WITH IT

You will get gold for completing a few quests in the "purchasable items" quest tab. In total you will get 45 gold (not sesterces, but gold that you can buy stuff from the Item Mall with).
After you have the 45 gold, there is a quest that requires you to buy something from the Item Mall. What I recommend is that you purchase a Zodiac Goat for 5 gold to complete the quest. Once you have completed that quest, you will gain 10 gold. Now you have 50 gold total, and I recommend purchasing a 7 day Motivational Speech with that gold.

This guide is welcome to any and all feed back, and will be updated regularly with useful input and player feedback that is prevalent to keeping this guide obsolete.

I will write up another guide for more advanced players as well if this guide is suitable.

Thx to Jeirheart and Necromancer for the feedback thus far.
pozessed
pozessed

Back to top Go down

Caesary Guide "Novice" Empty Re: Caesary Guide "Novice"

Post by Bunnehkitteh Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:26 pm

Cities setup: Okay, I don't build my cities this way, but then again, my cities are pure defense. The way it should be setup is as followed:
First City Your first city should be a stable city, that is; a city with 9 stables, built really just for building Equites, 9 stables, the rest cottages, have a warehouse as well, and a temple dedicated to Minerva.
Second City Your second city should be a recourse city. 50% tax rate. 1 Academy, and 1 University. The rest should be cottages, or warehouses super high job rate, also a temple dedicated to Jupiter.
Third City Your third city should be a Workshop city, same as the stable city, only with Warehouses. You should be getting able to build Onagers at this point.
Fourth City Resource city, same as the other one.
Fifth City Barracks city.
Sixth City Resource city, same as the other two.
Seventh City Balanced city, your pretty much on your own at this point.
Eighth City Another balanced city.
Ninth City Another recourse city wouldn't hurt.
Tenth city. Stable city anyone?

Bunnehkitteh

Back to top Go down

Post by InnoX Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 pm

InnoX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down