RESPECT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

Should We Make A Sister League?

Army Building I_vote_lcap91%Army Building I_vote_rcap 91% [ 29 ]
Army Building I_vote_lcap9%Army Building I_vote_rcap 9% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

Aeria Time

Army Building

Go down

Army Building Empty Army Building

Post by SatansSlave Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Lets Get This Clear,The Following I Cannot Take Credit For,Or Confirm It's Validity.......

The beginnings to all powerful armies had to start somewhere, including the basic knowledge of the army they are utilizing.Many of you I'm sure are well knowledgable about all the military units, but here is my best analyzation of this situation:-

1)The hastasi are the most popular unit, they will serve as helpful throughout your military's career, but do not rely on them, this will only lead to your own downfall. Build many of these as your front-line units until you are able to build Equites and Principes, but as I said, not to be relied upon.-The saggitarius are weak and useless. They are slow, and dish out little damage. Their special also proves to be quite wasteful, they serve two purposes only- Meat shields, and fake armies (which are in a sense meat shields, more on those later). Once you can build ballistae do so only, once you can build onagers, focus only on those. More continued...

2)Equites are by far the most useful of all units, serving the purpose of being a "bus" which is essentially a hero with only 1 equite in a weaker hero's troop space. This gets you to where you want to attack much faster, as equites are the fastest moving unit, and your other troops will travel the same speed as the hero heading the attack. You will also be able to pull out your heroes much easier when using a "bus". Equites can be made with a simple level 5 stable, which I recommend getting early on in any city you may build, so you can start building equites early on. Once your Equitation level is 6, you will have unlocked the full potential of an Equite, of course you can still make them stronger with higher equitation, but 6 is what you need to unlock their final special ability. With 3 extremely useful abilities, the equite is a unit to be feared.

3)Principes are powerful, but not to be overestimated. They are weak against equites, and do not have the same special abilities as they do as well. Very powerful in most situations, I would recommend backing them up with Onagers on a battle field. Although the best wall-smashing combination would be Hastasi-Onager combination, ballistae would suffice for onagers if you cannot make onagers yet.-Speculatores are not a unit I will go into to much depth for. I would recommend one city that is solely for speculatores, giving you a high chance at getting the information you want. But remember, whether you know what is coming or not, it will still be difficult to change the outcome of the battle, so build a large amount in one city, as only one city can mount a speculatore assault at a time anyways.-For everything else, there is no need for explanation. Do not waste time on other units as unneeded.~Remember: Building your army is the greatest way to gain prestige! How do you think all the huge players do it?
SatansSlave
SatansSlave

Back to top Go down